Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Question Response: Week 5

Eric wrote:
Elkins mentions how he wants to actually "see" grass for once. What do you want to make a point to see and really get to know before you kick the bucket?

I would say I want to see nature for what it is, not what I (or anyone else) make it out to be.
Not only seeing by listening... By removing my deafness and blindness, I can reconnect to Life itself. Humans at one time had an intimate communication channel with life and nature and it's possible to reopen that experience. To remove all the blindfolds and filters and crap that is in the way and to simply reconnect to what we feel with what is around us.

I will say I can't really "see" this way right now. I'm constantly working and going to class but to able to take a break from it all will help assist this new way of seeing.....

No comments: